Laser Cataract Surgery, incl. Custom Lens
Femtosecond laser technology has been used by LASIK eye surgeons for over 10 years to correct refractive vision problems. Now, bladeless laser cataract surgery can offer cataract patients the same precision and safety of laser technology.
This new femtosecond laser cataract procedure replaces the initial key steps of cataract surgery that were previously performed using a blade. Using the femtosecond laser offers a range of benefits over standard cataract treatment, including:
- Laser cataract surgery is less dependent on surgical skill and provides a more accurate incision and greater consistency.
- The laser cuts the required circles with 12 times more precision than those produced by traditional surgical methods.
- Reduced stress on the tissue of the eye by using laser technology to replace the traditional blade. This makes the incision cleaner which in turn improves healing.
- The edges in the remaining capsule, which serves as a pocket for the plastic IOL, are left twice as strong as with conventional techniques.
- Better healing comfort, e.g. any incisions to reduce astigmatism are made within the cornea so there are no open cuts on the surface of the eye.
- Greater predictability of the outcome due to accuracy of the laser.
- Faster procedure time.
- Maximises the IOL.
- Optimises the visual performance of the IOL.