Dr Gayatri Banerjee is an Australian trained Ophthalmologist with two-year subspecialty Retina Fellowship from London Dr Banerjee has also had extensive General Ophthalmology training from Sydney Eye Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital Sydney, Melbourne, Cheltenham, Oxford, London UK and Houston Texas USA.
Dr Banerjee has an interest in training and teaching and she is a talented public speaker. She initiated the medical student teaching program at Nepean Hospital for University of Sydney Medical Students.
Dr Banerjee’s main aims are to serve the population of Greater Western Sydney always offering the latest technology in ophthalmology and to provide the highest possible clinical service to the region.
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists United Kingdom (FRCOphth)
- Australian Medical Association
- Australia & New Zealand Society of Retina Specialists
- Australia & New Zealand Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Society of Retina Specialists
- Fellow of Royal Society of Medicine, UK
Areas of interest in ophthalmology
- Cataract Surgery including Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Intravitreal injection therapy for macular and retinal diseases